When it comes to college football, one of the near-certainties in life is a Gary Patterson-coached squad going bowling. This season, though, will be decidedly different. Entering Week 14 as a 13½ favorite over West Virginia, TCU exited as a 20-17 loser thanks in very large part to a late Mountaineers’ touchdown that culminated a drive greatly aided by a pair of boneheaded Horned Frogs penalties to keep the possession alive. Jarret Doege connected with Isaiah Esdale from 35 yards out with 2:10 left in the fourth quarter on said drive for what proved to be the game-winner. TCU actually had two more possessions to at least tie the game and send it into overtime, but, as had been the case throughout, the Horned Frogs’ offense was unable to muster much of anything. Defenses dominated the day on both sides, with the two teams combining for just 541 yards of offense — 297 for TCU, 244 for WVU. The two quarterbacks combined for five interceptions — three for Doege, two for Max Duggan — while the teams posted a shared 80.2 passer rating. The loss drops the Horned Frogs to 5-7 on the season, meaning the school won’t be playing… Read full this story
- West Virginia salary, athletic cuts to save $3 million
- Manchin: Inmate move to West Virginia a ‘reckless decision’
- West Virginia Governor Jim Justice Says Coronavirus 'F Bomb' Was Audio Glitch: 'A Word That I Would Never Say'
- 4 deaths from coronavirus at West Virginia VA hospital
- Three suspects in Maryland slaying jailed in West Virginia
- Virus testing set at West Virginia poultry processing plant
- West Virginia University To Hold Online Commencement Ceremony
- West Virginia will use truck advertising to promote tourism
- West Virginia reports increasing Lyme disease cases
- West Virginia State offers weather data collection program
With loss to West Virginia, TCU won’t be bowling for just third time in Gary Patterson’s 19 seasons have 293 words, post on collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com at November 30, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.