Let the supercomputing games begin. In an around-the-clock race spanning two days, the annual Supercomputing Conference Student Cluster Competition will feature 16 teams of undergraduates tackling real-world computing workloads using NVIDIA Tesla V100 GPUs. There are six new teams for this year — three each from China and the U.S. — in the immersive HPC challenge that demonstrates the breadth of skills, technologies and science that it takes to build, maintain and use supercomputers. They join 10 other teams that have competed previously. The competition challenges these teams to construct their own computing clusters, and then run real-world applications and tests on them with realistic budget, power and time constraints. A Spirited Competition The teams will be judged on the benchmarks of their clusters, interviews and optimization of various applications, which range from particle-in-cell simulation used in fusion energy experiments to computer system design simulations that target real-world modeling. They’ll also be expected to reproduce results from the SC19 paper, “Computing planetary interior normal modes with a highly parallel polynomial filtering eigensolver.” All the teams will be using NVIDIA supercomputing clusters designed to take on specific tasks already faced by those deploying high performance computing. For the past few years,… Read full this story
- San Jose Sharks have an adorable new team dog
- WWE News: New RAW Tag Team Champions crowned
- Watch Pakistan football team take on 'header bin' challenge
- New RIM Chairman Will Face Tough Challenges
- Ex-Twins Adalberto Mejia, Mike Morin land with new teams
- Antonio Brown hopes to find new team 'soon,' agent says
- Derrick Favors adjusting to new team, role
- New Source of Relief for Cluster Headache Sufferers
- Palm aims new Centro smartphone at students, 'CEOs of households'
- New York Auto Show 2017: Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Is Locked And Loaded
Six New Teams Vie to Take Crown in Student Cluster Challenge at SC19 have 295 words, post on blogs.nvidia.com at November 14, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.