By Chris Quinn, mySA.com / San Antonio Express-News and Ken Eilert Published 4:32 pm CDT, Sunday, October 13, 2019 Area high school football squads face intense district competition in Week 8 with teams attempting to solidify their positions as the postseason nears. Coming off a week that saw the area’s only unbeaten 6A teams facing their toughest opponents of the year, Judson (6-0) and Brandeis (6-0) again will try to remain perfect, though only the Rockets face an opponent with sights on the playoffs. Judson faces District 26 rival Smithson Valley (4-2) at 7:30 p.m., Friday at Rutledge Stadium. District 28 Holmes (0-6) will attempt to do something the school has never been able to achieve, beat Brandeis. In the eleven meetings between the schools, the Huskies have yet to run down the Broncos. Click through the gallery to see the Week 8 high school football schedule: Brandeis (6-0, 5-0) vs. Holmes (0-6, 0-5) Brandeis (6-0, 5-0) vs. Holmes (0-6, 0-5) Photo: Kin Man Hui, Staff / Staff Photographer Photo: Kin Man Hui, Staff / Staff Photographer Brandeis (6-0, 5-0) vs. Holmes (0-6, 0-5) Brandeis (6-0, 5-0) vs. Holmes (0-6, 0-5) Photo: Kin Man Hui, Staff / Staff Photographer Week 8… Read full this story
- Inland Empire: 2018 High School Football Preview
- Previews of Friday’s key high school football games in the Inland area
- Season’s first week brings first forfeit
- Utica Ford mourns sudden death of football coach Todd Koehn
- Four-day week deeply rooted in public school culture on El Paso County's eastern plains
- Michigan State football recruiting 2019: Eight key targets remaining
- Vikings’ first training camp in Eagan likely to create traffic snarls
- Previews of key Week 7 football games in the Inland area
- Sheriff seeks 2K volunteers for Wisconsin girl search
- Which Is The Best Day Of The Week To Die?
Week 8 area high school football schedule have 295 words, post on www.mysanantonio.com at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.