A bitter custody battle in Dallas between the parents of a 7-year-old whose gender identity is in dispute provoked an outcry among conservatives as the case played out this month. The child’s mother, Anne Georgulas, had honored what she said was the child’s preference to live as a girl and sought to compel the father, Jeffrey Younger, to do the same, according to court documents. But Mr. Younger disputed that the child was transgender and said that Ms. Georgulas had manipulated the child’s identity. The case attracted major interest after Mr. Younger created an extensive website, posting photos and videos of his children and sitting for interviews with conservative podcasts and news outlets. He raised tens of thousands of dollars in donations, saying that he was fighting forced and irreversible medical procedures, though experts who treat transgender youths disputed that characterization. In a ruling on Thursday, Judge Kim Cooks in the 255th District Court in Dallas said that the parents should have joint custody and that the state could not require Mr. Younger to treat the child as a girl. She also forbade either parent from speaking to the news media and ordered Mr. Younger to shut down his site…. Read full this story
- Two Parents’ Legal Battle Over Whether Their 7-Year-Old Is Transgender Has Drawn A Child Services Review
- Disputing a Sex Change for a 7-Year-Old: Texas Gov. Abbott and Sen. Cruz Come to Defense of Desperate Dad
- Custody battle for Texas parents who disagree on gender of 7-year-old
- A custody battle between parents who disagree on the gender of their 7-year-old draws attention of Texas politicians
- Jury overruled on custody of child whose parents disagree on 7-year-old's gender
- Florida woman, 40, is arrested after 'giving birth to twins conceived by 17-year-old boy she was sexually assaulting for years'
- More could have been done to save 13-year-old boy who died from blood clot caused by his obesity, report finds after father says: 'Fizzy drinks were his downfall'
- Mother-of-three, 25, avoids jail after viciously beating up woman in front of victim's six-year-old daughter because her children need her at home
- RICHARD PENDLEBURY: Five-year-old Jumar's wounds from suspected white phosphorous chemical weapons mark a despicable low in a new Syrian conflagration sparked by Donald Trump's retreat
- Devastated four-year-old son of father killed in head-on smash with 'driver fleeing police in stolen car' is 'so grief-stricken he is unable to speak'
Texas Father Says 7-Year-Old Isn’t Transgender, Igniting a Politicized Outcry have 403 words, post on www.nytimes.com at October 28, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.