MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — Coaches and teammates are rallying behind West Virginia quarterback Austin Kendall as fans question his ability to lead the team following another multiple-interception game. Kendall leads the Big 12 with 190 pass attempts. He knows he needs to limit his mistakes in order for the Mountaineers (3-2, 1-1 Big 12) to have a chance to win games with Brock Purdy and Iowa State (3-2, 1-1) up next on Saturday. “We’ve just got to be consistent,” Kendall said. Offensive lineman Colton McKivitz put his arm around Kendall as the players left the field after the junior’s four-interception performance in a 42-31 loss to Texas on Saturday. “Austin’s my guy,” McKivitz said. “Anything I can do to help him know that we’re going to be behind him no matter what. You have bad games as a player. I know a few guys said they’re pretty upset at their performances. It’s a tough game to lose. But overall, you can’t let this game affect next week.” Kendall had never played a complete game in college before this season while backing up two Heisman Trophy winners at Oklahoma. He’s had had to learn a new system at warp speed since… Read full this story
- The Patriots won the AFC Championship the way they always have — and it’s deeper than coach and QB
- UA coaches' wives make time for game
- How is Syracuse football-West Virginia line moving with WVU QB Will Grier out?
- Bills' Josh Allen has greatest chance for success with stability from coach to QB room
- Clemson transfer QB Bryant picks Missouri
- Broncos coach wants QB Case Keenum to take more chances
- Derrick Henry tried to let teammate score touchdown during record-setting game
- Men’s basketball interim coach shakes up routine, picks up players from bench
- Ferris State football coach on loss in title game: 'My fault'
- Colorado fires football coach Mike MacIntyre after six-game losing streak
Teammates, coaches back WVU QB Kendall after 4-pick game have 328 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.