Politico‘s Andrew Desiderio attended six town halls in one day for swing-district Rep. Sean Casten (D-IL) — and discovered that voters do not like impeachment. In fact, many support President Donald Trump’s criticism of former Vice President Joe Biden. Casten defeated long-term incumbent Republican Peter Roskam last fall in the 6th congressional district of Illinois, in the far western suburbs of Chicago, as part of a nationwide Democratic sweep of suburban districts.But his left-wing policies and bare-knuckle style were never a good fit — and now he is facing pushback from constituents who are upset that he is backing Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and the left in their attempt to force Trump out of office. Desiderio — who mis-identifies Casten as a “soft-spoken lawmaker” (the Wall Street Journal called him a “smash-mouth”) Casten as he spoke with constituents across his district, and found that many “never thought that this particular Democrat would be leaning so forcefully into an impeachment inquiry against a Republican president.” He also noted that “Trump’s efforts to paint Biden as corrupt for trying to oust a prosecutor who at one point was investigating a company tied to his son Hunter appeared to resonate among his supporters… Read full this story
- $1M ad buy praises swing-district Democrats' environmental work
- Democrats Can Both Impeach Trump and Win 2020 | Opinion
- Nancy Pelosi sets up ultra-partisan televised impeachment probe by jamming new rules through House without Republican backing - and two of her own side vote AGAINST new stage in investigating Donald Trump
- The Key Moments of the Second GOP Presidential Debate
- GOP Rep. Peter King retiring, giving Dems new 2020 target
- Poll: Republicans See Path to House Majority via Opposition to Bernie Sanders
- Vulnerable House Dems sound alarm about potential Sanders nomination: 'It’s bad'
- Can a Freshman Congressman Prosecute Trump for High Crimes — and Still Keep His Faith in Humanity?
- Bernie Sanders: The only guarantee in 2020 is there's no guarantee
- Rodriguez applauds Trump's outreach to Puerto Rico 'quake victims
Politico: Impeachment a Flop in Key Suburban Swing District have 322 words, post on www.breitbart.com at October 5, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.