In a world where libraries, coffee shops, and computer desks are dominated by the glowing white Apple, Chromebooks have slowly managed to become popular. Once only coming in clamshell laptops, they’re now found in all shapes and sizes. But the creator of the platform, Google, has had a tough time cracking the scene with its own hardware. The Google Pixelbook was too expensive. Last year’s Google Pixel Slate was a shot at the Surface Pro lineup, but it missed. This time, Google is back with a conventional clamshell laptop at an affordable $649 MSRP. It’s called the Pixelbook Go. Combining a form factor that everyone knows with some unique design choices, the Pixelbook Go marks a return to Chromebook tradition. And it’s affordable. So round, so beautiful Let’s face it. Clamshell laptops can be boring. They often feature an elegant, smooth aluminum metal finish that mimics Apple’s MacBook line-up. Google wants to change that. The Just Black painted magnesium matte lid of the Pixelbook Go is smooth as you’d expect from most laptops. It’s also available in Not Pink, similar to the Google Pixel 3. Overall, the finish similar to the finish of a MacBook Pro. It’s the bottom that… Read full this story
- A return to tradition: Looking forward to the Southern 500’s return to Labor Day weekend
- Tribe week in review: Returns mean mixing & matching
- Garmin Epix Review: Can A Smartwatch Work As A Touchscreen Navigator?
- Garmin Fenix 3 Watch Review: The Smartwatch For Outdoor Athletes
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Active Review: A Smartphone You Can Take Outside
- Marlins notes: Brad Hand to be reinstated from DL to start Thursday
- TUDOR Championship: Joey Hand joins Chip Ganassi Racing
- Raiders return two top targets to help out Derek Carr
- Panthers QB Cam Newton returns to practice
- McKenzie’s punt return lifts Georgia past Auburn, 20-13
Pixelbook Go hands-on review: A return to Chromebook tradition have 316 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.