“In a world of equal footing, it’s all about what you are offering,” said Steve Quirk, TD Ameritade executive vice president of trading and education, in an interview with CNN Business. Quirk said that there is more to investing than just free commissions. He argues that TD Ameritrade offers more services and advice than many of its rivals to help people who have questions about what types of stocks and ETFs to buy. E-Trade touted its customer service and easy-to-use technology. The company recently launched a service that lets clients use Google Assistant Voice commands to check their brokerage accounts, for example. Brokers need to tout products that go beyond zero commissions “Price really hasn’t been a competitive differentiator for some time, and we have always believed it’s about the customer experience more than anything else,” said Alice Milligan, chief customer officer for E-Trade, in an e-mail to CNN Business. Schwab was not immediately available for comment for this story. Investors in these three online brokers, along with Interactive Brokers (IBKR), which launched its own free product in late September, are very nervous about how the industry will cope with the loss of commissions. That’s for good reason:TD Ameritrade said… Read full this story
- USA stocks trade mixed as investors await Fed's rate decision
- Stocks dive sharply on Trump’s tweet about China
- Stock market seesaws as recession fears mix with upbeat data
- Wall Street betting president won't let stocks collapse
- Trump ‘orders’ business alternatives to China; stocks plummet
- Chipmakers, trade fears drag down stocks
- Chinese Stock Market Investors Expanding Their Portfolios To U.S.
- Finq.com Reveals Its Brand-New Cannabis Trading Features
- Is Beyond Meat's stock price beyond reason?
- Stocks rebound after U.S. eases off China sales restrictions
Online stock trading is free now. What that means for E-Trade and Charles Schwab have 288 words, post on rss.cnn.com at October 7, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.