The future looks bright for 5G across the world, but particularly in North America, which is poised to generate record revenues for service providers for the foreseeable future. That’s the key takeaway from a just-published report by mobile industry group GSMA, which forecasts dramatic growth in mobile data use through 2025, when nearly half of all cellular connections will be using the new, high-speed standard. According to GSMA Intelligence, 5G’s growth across North America won’t be spread evenly across countries, but it also won’t be held back by a lack of population coverage. Today’s report suggests that 5G will reach 80% population coverage by 2021, but actual user connections will take until 2024 or 2025 to make substantial use of that service availability. The United States is expected to see the fastest 5G growth, lagged slightly by Canada, while the Caribbean will likely still have little to no 5G penetration by 2025. Though 5G adoption currently appears to be somewhat evenly spread across the United States, Asia, and Europe, with South Korea holding an especially strong position, 5G connections will likely begin hockey stick-style growth in both the U.S. and Canada in 2020, overtaking leading Asian nations in total customers… Read full this story
- Toyota North America CEO Jim Lentz to retire after 38 years
- Democrats agree to North America trade pact: What's in it?
- Democrats agree to North America trade pact: What’s in it?
- PICTURED: New Jersey mall opens 180,000 sq-ft indoor ski slope that is the first of its kind in North America and where snow fanatics can rent skiis and snowboards before hitting the three varying slopes at the attraction
- Physicist accuses 'white men in North America' Wikipedia editors of sexism for flagging her profiles of prominent female scientists as 'not notable enough'
- Okpe Union (North America) donates books to Schools
- Jet Streak Creates Huge 'Impressive' Cloud Arc Over North America, NASA Image Shows
- Can Putin Tame North Korea? Moscow Urges Pyongyang Against Using Force Ahead of China Summit
- Phantasy Star Online 2 comes to America (but not Europe) in spring 2020
- 'Parasite' Wins Slew of Awards in North America
GSMA: North America will lead Asia and Europe in 5G use have 355 words, post on venturebeat.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.