Warren, a leading Democratic 2020 candidate, has taken aim at the social media giant over its role in spreading disinformation against her and other candidates. Her campaign ran an ad on Facebook this past week that contained a deliberate lie to draw further attention to the issue. Facebook fired back at Warren over the weekend via another social media platform, Twitter, where the company compared itself to broadcast television stations that ran the Trump ad and are regulated by the Federal Communications Commission. The “FCC doesn’t want broadcast companies censoring candidates’ speech,” Facebook said in a tweet. “We agree it’s better to let voters — not companies — decide.” The comparison opened the door to additional scrutiny of Facebook’s role in handling political speech. Facebook declined to comment for this story. In response, Warren said the company’s decision to compare itself to heavily regulated broadcasters raised even more questions about how it should be managed. “You’re making my point here,” she tweeted. “It’s up to you whether you take money to promote lies.” The episode underscores how Facebook is trying to maintain its position as a neutral platform even as it acquires ever more influence over public discourse and information… Read full this story
- 'Our Vote Matters Very Little': Kim TallBear on Elizabeth Warren's Attempt to Claim Native American Heritage
- Mark Zuckerberg Says He’ll Try Not to ‘Antagonize’ Elizabeth Warren Anymore
- Here's Me Giving Elizabeth Warren MAJOR Side Eye
- Elizabeth Warren chased by Trump fans through Reno airport: 'Stop the impeachment!'
- The Elizabeth Warren Fiasco Is Causing Hell for Native American Voters
- Elizabeth Warren Says She’ll ‘Take a Hard Look’ at White House Bid
- 'Go Cougars!' — Elizabeth Warren's tongue in cheek tweet on alleged 'sex scandal' with young Marine
- US-Wahlkampf: Wie Elizabeth Warren von der Ukraineaffäre profitiert
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren Releases Video And DNA Tests Proving She's Part Native American
- Elizabeth Warren May Not Be Native American, But She Might Be Black, Talking About 'I Got Some Indian In My Family'
Elizabeth Warren escalates Facebook ad feud have 342 words, post on rss.cnn.com at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.