The Thanh Cong 999, which was delivering rock powder from the central province of Thanh Hoa to Ha Tinh’s Vung Ang area, sank about five nautical miles away from Vung Ang Port in Ky Anh Town, said Truong Minh Tuan, director of the Ha Tinh Maritime Administration. “Before the ship sank, the crew had called authorities. Rescue personnel were dispatched to the scene, but the ship and the crew are yet to be found. Multiple forces, including fishermen and locals’ ships, are being deployed to rescue (the sunken ship and the crew),” he said. As of 3:40 pm, a coast guard vessel discovered two life buoys with two people clinging to them: Tran Quang Hai, 32; and Vu Van Tuyen, 30. Their ship was hit by a big wave which destroyed a part of the ship and sank it, the two said. Rescue forces are searching for the remaining 12 crew members. The coastal region from Binh Dinh to Phu Yen provinces have been hit by storm Matmo, the fifth storm to hit the country this year. The storm made landfall Wednesday night, carrying maximum wind speeds of 90 km per hour, but weakened into a tropical depression shortly after…. Read full this story
- Major Ferry/Ship Sinkings Fast Facts
- Oil slick threatens French coast after cargo ship sinks
- ‘Empire’ Star Taraji P. Henson on 2020: ‘We Can’t Sit Complacent Watching This Ship Sink’
- Pacific Ocean 'BLACK HOLE': Expert claims missing ships 'entered another dimension'
- Boy, 12, missing from Garfield Park
- Boy, 12, missing from Ravenswood
- France tries to contain fuel spill after ship sinks following fire
- Porsche will reproduce limited edition $300,000 sports cars lost in ship sinking
- 16th-century shipwreck discovered by investigators looking for missing shipping containers
- Is this the NEW Bermuda Triangle? Shock claim missing ship 'entered another DIMENSION'
12 missing as ship sinks in central Vietnam have 300 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 31, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.