What just happened? Twitter has decided to pull the ability to tweet via SMS after a second high profile account was hijacked using the same method employed on Jack Dorsey’s personal account last week. There’s no word on when it might be made available again, but Twitter says it’s working on it. A week ago, hackers took over Jack Dorsey’s personal Twitter account and used it to tweet racial slurs and antisemitic messages. The group calls itself the Chuckle Squad, and was able to do this by exploiting a vulnerability in Cloudhopper, a service that was acquired by Twitter to bolster its Tweet via SMS feature. At the time, the company said it was able to solve the issue and that the main system hasn’t been compromised. Earlier today, it happened again for actress Chloe Moretz, and shortly after Twitter announced it will temporarily pull the ability to tweet via SMS as a way to ensure people’s accounts are protected from further hack attempts. The company blames mobile carriers just as much as it does itself, and added that it is “taking this step because of vulnerabilities that need to be addressed by mobile carriers and our reliance on having… Read full this story
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey sparks a 'hate speech' storm in India
- CEO Jack Dorsey: Twitter Believes Strongly in 'Being Impartial'
- Proud Boys Cite Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to Attack Antifa
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey teases a feature that would let you edit your tweets
- 5 Great Moments from Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey’s House Hearing
- Journalist Tim Pool Eviscerates Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Over Bias
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey: Platform Was ‘Probably Way Too Aggressive’ in Banning Conservatives
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey: Elon Musk Is Most ‘Exciting’ User on Platform
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey praises, appears on podcast of anti-vaccine fitness personality
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Has an Incredible Job Offer for Bitcoin Enthusiasts
Twitter disables Tweet via SMS feature after CEO Jack Dorsey's account was hacked have 327 words, post on www.techspot.com at September 5, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.