Slack has joined the dark side by bringing a brand new dark mode to its communication app. The new dark mode is available now on Windows, Mac, and Linux. To go along with the dark mode, Slack also added several themes. The new dark mode is available now and can be turned on and off through preferences.
Dark mode for apps and operating systems continues to grow in popularity. In addition to looking nice and providing users more options, dark mode is also helpful in low light environments and for users with visual impairments or visual disorders.
Dark mode is already available on Slack’s mobile app, but you can elect to have your dark mode settings separate for the desktop and mobile versions of the app. In the future, Slack will support syncing with operating system’s dark/light mode settings.
While Slack states that the update is available now, it has not shown up on our systems yet. There’s a good chance that the new dark mode will roll out throughout the day.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
- Apple introduces period tracking and iOS dark mode
- Apple's iOS 13 will finally bring Dark Mode to iPhone
- Apple announces dark mode iOS 13
- Boots No7 launch new Dark Circle Corrector
- Netflix’s new Dark Crystal series is weird and brilliant
- FIFA 20 pre-orders open as a new game mode is revealed
- Up to 1,000 new jobs are available at this Amazon depot
- 192 New Model Army
- New York helicopter crash pilot 'did not know where he was'
- Burger King launches new halloumi burger in UK