Bernie Wilson Associated Press Published 3:26 PM EDT Sep 21, 2019 San Diego — Andy Green was fired as manager of the San Diego Padres on Saturday morning, about 12 hours after one of their worst losses this season seemed to sum up their second-half collapse. General manager A.J. Preller said Green, in his fourth season, was fired because the team had regressed in the second half. San Diego was 45-45 at the All-Star break but has played poorly since. The Padres have lost eight of their last nine, including an ugly, mistake-filled 9-0 loss to Arizona on Friday night that dropped them to 69-85. “We feel like we’ve got a young talented group that has a chance to be competitive,” Preller told the Associated Press. “We made some progress in the earlier part of season, but as the second half went on we didn’t see the team getting into a spot where we could see continual improvement. “We feel like a different person in that chair has a chance to take a young, talented group into a different spot.” Green was 274-366 since he was hired ahead of the 2016 season. San Diego lost 90 or more games in each… Read full this story
- UAAP Season 81: Lady Tams end skid
- S&P 500 surges 1.5% to end skid
- IG Group Chairman Andy Green to step down
- Four takeaways from Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman's season-ending news conference
- Mailbag: Which team's season ended first, the Eagles' or the Cowboys'?
- Fortnite's latest season ends and now the game is gone
- Carson Smith to have season-ending surgery
- Reinsdorf, adidas React to Derrick Rose’s Season-Ending Injury
- Dez Bryant may have suffered a season-ending injury just days after ending his NFL hiatus
- ABI management submits offer to end 14-month lockout at aluminum smelter
Padres fire manager Andy Green during season-ending skid have 298 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.