Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump was relentlessly inaccurate last week — to the media, to his supporters and to legislators from his own party. Trump made 87 false claims in all. That is the most in the 10 weeks we have been counting at CNN. It is not, however, an all-time Trump record; he made 240 false claims the week before the 2018 midterm elections, which we counted at the Toronto Star. Trump made 25 of last week’s 87 false claims at his campaign rally in North Carolina, 22 in his speech to a retreat for House Republican members of Congress, 19 on Twitter, 18 in exchanges with reporters, two in a speech to a Historically Black Colleges and Universities conference, and one at a briefing on Hurricane Dorian damage. The most egregious false claim: Iran and the media Trump said as recently as June that he would meet with Iran with “no pre-conditions.” Vice President Mike Pence also said Trump would meet with Iran with “without pre-conditions.” White House deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnunchin all said the same. Read More Five days after Pompeo and Mnuchin both said “no pre-conditions”… Read full this story
- Fact check: Trump’s false claim on Obama’s family separation policy
- Fact Check: Trump's False Claims on Migrant Child Deaths
- Fact Check: Trump's False Claim About Drug Smuggling
- Fact-Checking Trump’s Latest Claims About Space and Iran
- Fact Check: Trump's Hyped Claims on Economy, N. Korea, Vets
- Fact check: Trump constructs false, misleading claims about his border 'wall'
- Fact Check: Trump exaggerates many claims about North Korea
- Fact check: Trump's false and misleading claims on health care in final midterm campaign blitz
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's false equivalence on migrant policy
- Fact check: Trump's unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud in Florida
Fact check: Trump made 87 false claims last week have 289 words, post on edition.cnn.com at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.