The European Parliament’s president said Thursday that he will meet with incoming European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen later this month to discuss her contentious decision to nominate a commissioner responsible for “protecting our European Way of Life.”
European Parliament president David Sassoli told a news conference he decided to seek a meeting with von der Leyen, who will succeed Jean-Claude Juncker as commission president on Nov. 1, after several political groups made “remarks related to the titles of some portfolios.”
Asked whether the European Commission was considering a name change for the highly political portfolio, spokeswoman Mina Andreeva said “of course we are following the vibrant debate on many different issues and of course all the arguments which are being put forward” but that no quick decision would be made.
“Knowing Margaritis well because I was in daily contact with him, I know that the title is not corresponding to his own values,” Juncker said. “And I think that this will have to be changed.”
- No Questions Asked Term Life Insurance - How to Get Instant Life Insurance With No Questions Asked
- Job Titles For Different Cultures
- Differences in Copywriting Job Titles in French
- Rebate Processing - Two Common Questions About Rebate Processor Jobs
- A Basic Understanding of the Way Life Works
- How to Win French Roulette - Rules and Tips For Playing Roulette the European Way
- What Are the Best Job Search Engines?
- Online Job Search Tips
- Mass Mutual Life Insurance
- 4 Risk Factors That Will Make Life Insurance More Expensive