Jonathan Lemire, Michael Balsamo and Lisa Mascaro Associated Press Published 3:39 PM EDT Sep 21, 2019 Washington – President Donald Trump urged the new leader of Ukraine this summer to investigate the son of former Vice President Joe Biden, a person familiar with the matter said. Democrats condemned what they saw as a clear effort to damage a political rival, now at the center of an explosive whistleblower complaint against Trump. It was the latest revelation in an escalating controversy that has created a showdown between congressional Democrats and the Trump administration, which has refused to turn over the formal complaint by a national security official or even describe its contents. Trump is defending himself against the intelligence official’s complaint, asserting that it comes from a “partisan whistleblower,” though the president also says he doesn’t know who had made it. The complaint was based on a series of events, one of which was a July 25 call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, according to a two people familiar with the matter. The people were not authorized to discuss the issue by name and were granted anonymity. In a tweet Saturday, Trump referred to “a perfectly fine and routine… Read full this story
- Trump Faces Giuliani Dilemma as House, Justice Probes Converge
- Trump family throws stones at Biden from a glass house
- Opinion: Trump family throws stones at Biden from a glass house
- Trump lawyer Giuliani will not cooperate in U.S. House impeachment inquiry
- Ukraine Foreign Minister on Trump/Zelensky Call: No Direct Order to Investigate Bidens, No Link to Military Aid
- Joe Biden’s brother and son have a long history of profiting off his name
- Joe Biden's slide and the Trump impeachment saga loom over the fourth Democratic debate
- Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, defies subpoena in impeachment inquiry
- 'Dumpster fire at Biden HQ!' Donald Trump Jr. slaps at Hunter Biden who dubbed him 'Prince Humperdinck' in nod to movie buffoon as president's son says former VP's family 'got rich by leeching off American taxpayers'
- Nolte: Crybaby Hunter Biden Only Regrets Rudy and Trump Exposing Him
Biden: Trump ‘deserves’ to be investigated over Ukraine call have 354 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.