Robert Kirkman and his fellow The Walking Dead executive producers may have been late to the game compared to Frank Darabont when it came to taking AMC to court over profits from the zombie apocalypse series, but it looks like the creator will be first to trial next year. At least a mini-trial that could see the whole matter resolved. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Daniel Buckley ruled Wednesday that TWD creator Kirkman can have a mini-trial starting February 10 to resolve contract interpretations with the cabler. The so-called min-trial is expected to last 2-3 weeks. That means the creator and executive producer will see at least part of the August 2017 case he filed with fellow EPs Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert and Charles Eglee, TWD’s first showrunner Darabont’s more that $300 million case has its scheduled trial start in May 2020. Related Story ‘The Walking Dead’ Comics: Robert Kirkman Series Ends After 16-Year Run With fiery terms like licensing fees, “fair market value” and breach of implied covenant being bandied about, plus claims of self-dealing and backend points in the background, the lawyers for Kirkman and AMC had very different reactions to Buckley’s decision today. “It would impose… Read full this story
- Walking Dead's Robert Kirkman Shares The Zombie Apocalypse Origin
- The Walking Dead creator insists lockdown will make Rick Grimes movie ‘better’ as bosses work tirelessly behind scenes
- The Walking Dead wins major lawsuit against show creator Robert Kirkman after long-running money feud
- Co-Creator Robert Kirkman Shares The Walking Dead's Zombie Apocalypse Origin
- The Walking Dead’s Lennie James and Jeffrey Dean Morgan reveal ‘biggest regret’ from Saviour war
- The Walking Dead Comics Are Getting Full-Color Reprints for First Time Ever This Halloween
- What's Happening with the Rick Grimes Movie During The Walking Dead Shutdown?
- The Walking Dead: World Beyond boss left ‘heaving’ when he saw ‘disgusting’ new zombies falling apart from rot
- The Walking Dead: World Beyond to reveal ‘mysterious force’ who rescued Rick Grimes and Jadis in helicopter
- The Walking Dead boss talks plot for World Beyond – tracking traumatised community haunted by ‘dark, intense’ flashbacks
‘Walking Dead’ Creator Robert Kirkman Scores Early 2020 Mini-Trial In Profits Battle With AMC have 341 words, post on deadline.com at August 28, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.