A Sacramento Regional Transit light-rail train got derailed after colliding with a maintenance train Thursday night, injuring 27 people on board. Nearly 15 ambulances reached the spot for assistance and transported 13 people to nearby hospitals.
According to Sacramento Regional Transit (RT), a test train and a two-car passenger train collided on the blue line tracks near Roseville Road. It’s unclear at this time how the collision occurred, CBS Sacramento reported.
RT informed that 3 employees were on the test train and none got hurt.
The officials are investigating the cause of the crash and are planning to clear the trains by the morning.
It is the second collision to occur between two trains in Sacramento since RT began operating light-rail service in 1987, according to The Sacramento Bee.
At least two people have been killed after a train derailed close to Milan, Italy, Jan.25, 2018. Rescuers work after a head-on collision between two trains, near Corato, in the southern Italian region of Puglia, July 12, 2016. Photo: Getty Images
- Teenagers arrested after serious collision leaves man injured
- 1959 Car-Train Collision Leads to Novel
- Truck-coach collision kills one, injures 10
- Two-car crash on A515 Buxton road leaves three injured
- Brawl in Murska Sobota hospital leaves several injured
- Stabbing in Manchester shopping mall leaves four injured
- Leaves on tracks costing Translink £450k per year
- French trains hit by SNCF walkout over pension reform
- 'My jaw is still on the floor!' Netflix's Fractured leaves viewers 'on the edge of their seats' as they praise the Sam Worthington thriller
- Man dies in Coleraine digger collision