Andy Kiersz, provided by
Published 1:12 pm EDT, Friday, August 9, 2019
- LGBT families are an essential part of communities across America.
- In our recent collection of 50 maps tracking American life today, we included two maps that showed how the LGBT community varies across states.
- Western and Northeastern states have higher shares of the adult population self-identifying as LGBT, while same-sex couples in the South and Mountain West are more likely to be raising children than their coastal peers.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
LGBT-identifying people and their families are an essential part of the American community.
As part of our recent collection of 50 maps tracking American life today, we included the following two maps that look at how the LGBT community varies across states.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Detailed new national maps show how neighborhoods shape children for life
- Humans Crossed the Bering Land Bridge to People the Americas. Here’s What It Looked Like 18,000 Years Ago.
- Trans People Urged to Become Priests in Church of England Drive ‘to Honour LGBT+ People’
- Sweden Set to Open Nation’s First ‘LGBT-Certified’ Sports Stadium
- 'ICE Is Everywhere': Using Library Science to Map the Separation Crisis
- United Methodists edge toward breakup over LGBT policies
- "Empire" actor's family says Chicago attack was 'hate crime'
- Poland: LGBT Ideology ‘a Threat to our Nation, Identity, and Existence’
- LGBT advocates fear Brett Kavanaugh's votes on gay-rights issues
- Jewish Families Will Leave UK if Faith Schools Forced to Promote LGBT Lifestyles