The newly announced Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus both support the company’s Dex mode, which is essentially a desktop PC interface designed to replace or augment a traditional desktop computer. In previous iterations, Dex required you to plug the phone directly into a monitor but this made the feature’s usefulness somewhat limited. Thankfully that’s no longer the case.
While you can still connect your phone directly to a monitor to trigger Dex, there’s a whole new way of doing it that makes the feature much more robust.
The new Note 10 Dex setup is a big step forward
With the Note 10 family, all you need to get the Dex desktop to work is your Windows PC and a USB cable. Once you connect the Note 10 to your PC via the USB cable, Dex will show up a separate window within your Windows 10. This means you don’t have to unplug your desktop computer from a monitor to connect your phone. It also makes Dex much more mobile as you can now use it with your laptop.
The new Dex mode basically works similarly to running a virtual desktop OS instead of Windows. The window gives you all the functionality of Dex and is completely resizable.
Another advantage is easy file transfers between Windows and Dex, as you can drag and drop files from the Dex window to your Windows desktop with ease. In fact, the DeX mode lets you run the Note 10’s phone apps from that window, which can also come in pretty handy. You can answer calls and send text messages on the phone with the DeX window while you are still working on your PC apps and files.
Wirelessly sync your Note 10 to your Windows PC
In addition to the new Dex mode, the Note will also connect wirelessly to your Windows PC with just a few taps. This allows users to see things like app notifications, texts and more from their phone. While this is not quite the wireless Dex feature that has been rumored to be in the works for a while, it’s still a nice feature for business and enterprise users.
More posts about Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus are here: Everything you need to know
Andrew Grush 2 hours ago
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 disaster endangers FCA's Magneti Marelli sale
- 10 current WWE Superstars and what happened on their WWE debut (Part 2)
- Look: Lakers' new uniforms for 2018-19 season leaked
- Samsung Galaxy J3 Launched For Bikers, Priced At Rs. 8990/-
- OTA notes: 49ers RB Jerick McKinnon looks sharp as receiver
- Milestones to markers, 10 things to watch in what could be big year for Bulldogs
- Look What I Found In Japan!
- 10 current WWE Superstars and what happened on their WWE debut (Part 1)
- 10 Current WWE Superstars And What Happened On Their WWE Debut (Part 3)
- We are always looking at new talents, says Rahul Dravid