By Rick Sobey | [email protected] | Boston HeraldPUBLISHED: August 14, 2019 at 8:52 pm | UPDATED: August 14, 2019 at 9:31 pm U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is blaming “political rhetoric and misinformation” for a shooting that targeted a Texas ICE office Tuesday. “Political rhetoric and misinformation that various politicians, media outlets and activist groups recklessly disseminate to the American people regarding the ICE mission only serve to further encourage these violent acts,” Daniel Bible of ICE in San Antonio said in a statement. “ICE officers put their lives on the line each and every day to keep our communities safe. This disturbing public discourse shrouds our critical law enforcement function and unnecessarily puts our officers’ safety at risk.” The FBI is investigating Tuesday’s shooting into the San Antonio ICE office. No one was injured. There has been no arrest. U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez earlier this year said ICE is running “concentration camps” at the southern border. Democrats, including U.S. Rep. Ayanna Pressley, have called for abolishing ICE. Jessica Vaughan of the Center for Immigration Studies, an advocate of legal and limited immigration, said, “It’s hard to deny the tone of public conversation about contentious issues like immigration is getting… Read full this story
- Is America’s Political Future in San Antonio?
- Wedding celebration in San Antonio ends in church shooting
- Kawhi Leonard Returns to San Antonio, and the Feelings Flow
- Hield scores 26, helps Kings end 11-game skid in San Antonio
- Texas AG is investigating San Antonio for religious discrimination against Chick-fil-A
- Texas attorney general launches investigation into San Antonio mayor and city council over Chick-fil-A
- San Antonio Spurs part with veteran center Pau Gasol
- San Antonio bars Chick-fil-A from airport, cites 'legacy of anti-LGBT behavior'
- Texas attorney general probing San Antonio for banning Chick-fil-A at airport
- Texas AG will investigate council's decision to block Chick-fil-A from San Antonio airport
ICE pins San Antonio shooting on politicians, activists have 313 words, post on www.bostonherald.com at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.