Hyundai will have a lot to talk about at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show next month. The Korean automaker on Thursday provided a roundup of what it plans to showcase at September’s event, and notably, we’ll get a look at a couple of future electric cars.
Without revealing a name, Hyundai said Frankfurt will play host to the debut of a battery-electric design concept. Literally, those are the only details on the electric concept car the company provided at this time. Except that the car will fall under the “Style Set Free” banner that Hyundai continues to push. The idea is in future electric cars will be more personalized and reflect a driver’s style more so than the past.
Also on the electric front, we’ll see a future electric race car. Hyundai provided even fewer details for this announcement but explicitly said the electron-fed motorsport machine will debut on the show’s opening press day. Of note, Hyundai’s N division previously confirmed it will partner with Croatian electric-car supplier and manufacturer Rimac. The race car may foreshadow a production electric sports car from the N division in the future. Rimac knows a thing or two about high-performance electric cars and has so far produced the radical Concept_One and the C_Two.
For the here and now, Hyundai plans to debut the latest i10 sub-compact car. Americans won’t recognize this model since it’s not sold on these shores, but elsewhere around the world, it’s a staple model in the portfolio. Kia shares the running gear and calls its own version the Picanto. From the teaser sketch, the i10 is about to look a lot more grown-up than the current model. Alongside the standard i10, Hyundai will also introduce a “special version” of some sort.
We’ll be on the ground for the Frankfurt Motor Show’s kickoff on Sept. 10 to catch all the news from the show.
Now playing: Watch this: 2019 Hyundai Kona Electric offers comfort through familiarity
More about 2019 Hyundai Kona Electric
- Toyota Shows Off Electric Concept Car Made of Wood
- Rinspeed to debut transforming electric concept car
- VW Teases Single Seat Electric Concept Car
- Electric Concept Car Merges Personal And Mass Transportation
- Nissan unveils Ariya concept at Tokyo Motor Show
- Faraday Future Unveils Batmobile-Like EV Concept Car
- Opel Unveils Stunning Electric Concept, Goes 100km For Just One Euro
- Jaguar's All-Electric Sports Car Concept Is Only Destined For
- Jaguar reveals its new electric sports car with 1,020 horsepower that can go from 0 to 60mph in less than two seconds, but there's a catch - you can only drive it in the video game Gran Turismo
- Nissan's Latest Concept Car Lights Up in Autonomous Mode