WASHINGTON — The U.S. Army’s Special Operations Command has released the names of the two Green Berets who were killed Wednesday during combat operations in Afghanistan. Master Sgt. Luis F. Deleon-Figueroa, 31, and Master Sgt. Jose J. Gonzalez, 35, died as a result of small arms fire in northern Faryab Province. Both were members of 7th Special Forces Group, based at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida. by signing up you agree to our terms of service Deleon-Figueroa is from Chicopee, Massachusetts, and served in the Army for more than 13 years. He became a Green Beret in 2014, and deployed twice to Afghanistan and twice to South America.Gonzalez, a native of La Puente, California, joined 7th Group in 2014. He was posthumously promoted to Master Sergeant. His family requested that no photo or additional information be released.
- Massachusetts Green Beret killed in Afghanistan coming home
- Massachusetts Green Beret killed in Afghanistan returns home
- Army identifies Green Beret killed in Afghanistan
- Decorated Green Beret killed in combat in Afghanistan
- Funeral held for Green Beret from Chicopee killed in Afghanistan
- Green Beret remembered as a soldier, father, friend
- Green Beret recounts escaping death in Taliban ambush
- American service member killed in Afghanistan
- Army Paratrooper Killed in Afghanistan Suicide Attack Identified
- Families honor German soldiers killed in Afghanistan
Green Berets killed in combat in Afghanistan identified have 216 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at August 22, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.