President Donald Trump and the U.S. Congress should declare, “We are Hong Kongers,” said Frank Gaffney, executive chairman of the Center for Security Policy and host of Secure Freedom Radio, in a Wednesday interview on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Daily with host Alex Marlow. Gaffney addressed recent clashes in Hong Kong between police and protesters demanding independence from China.“We need to be heard from before this goes any further,” said Gaffney, advising American to impose “real costs” on China if Hong Kong’s “autonomy is snuffed” and if the former British territory’s “freedom is denied any further by the Chinese Communist Party.” LISTEN: During Tuesday’s edition of the Secure Freedom Minute, Gaffney said: One of the defining moments of the Cold War took place in June 1963 when President John F. Kennedy declared in German, “I am a Berliner.” This statement communicated to the Kremlin that there would be real costs if it tried to end that city’s highly symbolic opposition to communist oppression. JFK succeeded in deterring a Soviet assault on West Berlin. Today, another city that is similarly an outpost of freedom faces an imminent threat from another ruthless communist regime. The people of Hong Kong urgently need a similar expression… Read full this story
- Trump declares legal immigrants must have health care coverage
- Hong Kong 'won't rule out' Chinese help over protests: Leader
- What’s Happening With the Hong Kong Protests?
- With No End to Unrest in Sight, Hong Kong’s Economic Pain Deepens
- What keeps the Hong Kong protests going?
- Striking photos capture Hong Kong's crowded cemeteries
- Hong Kong Set To Hear a 'Deal' From China
- Is it safe to visit Hong Kong right now?
- Hong Kong’s Last Stand: China's 'white terror' tactics to end pro-democracy movement
- China President Xi Jinping's balancing act over Hong Kong
Frank Gaffney: Trump Must Declare, ‘I Am a Hong Konger’ have 311 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.