A house caught fire Wednesday afternoon in Lemon Grove, sending a column of dark smoke into the air above East County, officials and witnesses said. The blaze was reported about 3:50 p.m. at a single-story home on Dupont Drive near Dayton Drive, Heartland Fire & Rescue spokesman Sonny Saghera said. The home is about a block from Monterey Heights Elementary School and several baseball fields used by Lemon Grove Little League. Fire crews arrived at the home to find heavy smoke and flames, Saghera said. A San Diego sheriff’s watch commander said deputies closed off Dupont Drive and evacuated surrounding houses. He said there were no initial reports of injuries. This is a breaking news story that will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Firefighters battle huge blaze at Ajman tower near Dubai
- Firefighters Battling More Than Flames In Coronavirus Era
- Firefighters Battle Rekindled Flames At Warehouse Fire In Delaware County
- Australian Olympian Madeline Groves’ ongoing battle with endometriosis and adenomyosis
- Homes evacuated as firefighters tackle blaze after 'huge explosion' near Newbury
- PHOTO: Brave Firefighter Rescues Dog Trapped Inside Burning Vehicle
- Coronavirus hits Iowa firefighter's family with deadly consequence
- Covidiots' barbecue sparks huge forest blaze that takes 60 firefighters five hours to put out
- Revealed: The Chicago man, 26, who threw a party for 200 people while his FIREFIGHTER mom was on a 24-hour shift as he claims he 'didn't understand the significance of social distancing'
- Battle Creek police get 3 drones to combat COVID-19 pandemic
Firefighters battling Lemon Grove house fire have 247 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at August 13, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.