By Casey Sherman | PUBLISHED: August 18, 2019 at 8:30 pm | UPDATED: August 18, 2019 at 9:04 pm Should journalists report with one hand while raising the shield as social justice warriors with the other? That’s the question being raised by those within and outside the venerable New York Times and also by staffers in just about every newsroom in the country in the era of Trump. Times executive editor Dean Baquet was blasted by his own news staff recently after the paper ran the front page headline: “Trump Urges Unity vs. Racism” in the wake of the mass shooting in El Paso. The headline raised eyebrows and then pitch forks from protesters across the Twitterverse and even by Times journalists, especially the young Turks who have banded together like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s sister squad, to force the newspaper to rethink its decision to report on the President’s own comments without paying greater attention to the incendiary words of his past. Times editors actually reworked the so-called offensive headline to read – “Assailing Hate But Not Guns.” They could also have rewritten to say something like “Trump Blames Gamers for Real Life Bloodshed” because he kind of alluded to that too. The Times… Read full this story
- Cardi B puts on busty display on her Accra hotel rooftop as she enjoys trip to Africa to headline shows in Nigeria and Ghana
- Inside Simon Cowell's bitter 'beef' with Little Mix and real reason they parted ways
- The toppling of a Confederate statue shows students' strength
- Little Mix take aim at Simon Cowell by insisting their talent show will be 'authentic'
- Little Mix star Jesy Nelson goes blonde as she unveils dramatic makeover
- Fox News names Hemmer to take over Smith’s time slot
- Plague Inc. Now Lets You Play as a Troll Out to Spread Fake News
- New puppet shows over Christmas and New Year
- The only way to end the class divide: the case for abolishing private schools
- Can Labour bring its divided family together?
Divide over NYT headline shows dangers mixing opinion, news have 332 words, post on www.bostonherald.com at August 18, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.