Residents of Hong Kong have been nervously watching Chinese military and police movements near their borders, fearing each new report of personnel or vehicles arriving near the border city of Shenzhen could be the prelude to a Tiananmen Square-style crackdown. The latest apprehensions involve a massive convoy of armed police vehicles, which mainland sources say are merely participating in a “large-scale drill.”The Chinese Communist newspaper People’s Daily published a video of the convoy, which also included unarmed transports and excavation vehicles – quite useful for knocking things over, such as the sort of barricades constructed by Hong Kong protesters –and described them as preparing for a training exercise. China’s state-run Global Times also postulated that the “People’s Armed Police” are congregating near Hong Kong for “large-scale exercises” and claimed “the main guns of the APCs appear to have been removed from their turrets.” The South China Morning Post on Monday found the vehicles parked around the Shenzhen Bay Sports Center, which was patrolled by “personnel in camouflage uniforms” who appeared happy to allow the hardware to be inspected and photographed but refused to answer questions about their mission. Analysts in both Hong Kong and mainland China speculated the convoy was… Read full this story
- Thousands Defy Police Ban, March in Hong Kong District
- 'Like Moses parting the Red Sea': Hong Kong protesters move aside to let an ambulance pass in seconds during a two-million strong demonstration against extradition bill
- Hong Kong's leader says the government is suspending its highly controversial plan to allow extraditions to mainland China following mass protests
- Hong Kong police round up activists as mass rally called-off
- Chilling meme showing what Hong Kong's violent protests would look like if taken on a Chinese Huawei phone sums up why protesters are tearing the city apart
- Hong Kong’s Richest Man Lectures Protesters to ‘Love China’
- Hong Kong Police, Protesters Clash In 16th Weekend Of Rallies
- US PGA Tour Cancels Hong Kong Event Over Player Safety
- Protesters in Hong Kong defy authorities and march again
- Typhoon Mangkhut path tracker latest — where is the super typhoon now and when will it reach Hong Kong?
Convoy of Armored Chinese Police Vehicles Masses near Hong Kong have 361 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 13, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.