Twitter experienced an outage Thursday as users found themselves unable to access the social media platform for over an hour.
“We are currently investigating issues people are having accessing Twitter,” a message appeared on the company’s status page. ” We will keep you updated on whats happening.”
Down Detector reported the outage began just after 2:45 p.m. ET. The disruption was affecting Twitter’s mobile and web-based platforms.
“Something is technically wrong,” appeared when users tried accessing the site. The site came back online around 3:50 p.m.
- Is Google down? Search giant ‘knocked offline’ as panicked web users flock to Twitter to complain
- Virgin Media customers suffered ANOTHER broadband service outage but company say it’s now resolved
- The Latest: Dorian lashes southern North Carolina coast
- The Latest: Bahamas government says death toll rises to 43
- The Latest: Winds buffet New England as Dorian speeds north