PUBLISHED: 11:45 14 July 2019 | UPDATED: 11:59 14 July 2019 Reece Hanson Desmond Baldry from Desmond’s in Kirkley, which will close this week after 10 years in the town. PHOTO: Nick Butcher ©archant2016 A popular restaurant which has helped those in need and raised thousands for charities is to close 10 years to the day that it opened. Desmond Baldry from Desmond’s in Kirkley. PHOTO: Nick ButcherDesmonds, in Lowestoft, will serve its final meal on Friday, July 19, with owner Desmond Baldry preparing for new adventures.The restaurant, which has regularly featured in Tripadvisor’s top 10 in the town, has been inundated over the years with thank you letters from the countless charities and causes it has helped, many of which hail the site as a iconic institution in the town.Mr Baldry, who previously represented Kirkley on Lowestoft Town Council, said: “I am amazed to see us described as an icon.”The penny dropped when I ran for local councillor and I got in by a landslide.Desmond Baldry from Desmond’s in Kirkley. PHOTO: Nick Butcher”Everyone has a personal history, and mine is that I was fostered as a child. I found my family and I want to spend more time with… Read full this story
- Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen Cornwall staff in tears as restaurant closes with the loss of 100 jobs
- Restaurant review: Marcus Wareing At The Berkeley
- ‘We’re going to keep a very close eye on them’: UberEats amends ‘unfair’ contracts after ACCC threat
- 'I told cops I appreciated the fact that I wasn't treated like Roger Stone': How Michael Avenatti was discreetly arrested at New York's Hudson Yards mall, used his one phone call to contact his mother and admits 'I flew too close to the sun'
- High Streets hit as shop vacancy rate worst since 2015
- The funniest one-star Yelp reviews of prestigious Bay Area restaurants
- CT Diner With 50 Years Of History To Close Christmas Eve
- Is Still One of the Biggest TV Success Stories Ever
- For Swiss franc, only way to go may be up as central bank steps back
- Don't miss these events in the Baton Rouge area (Dec. 13-19)
Top-rated restaurant to close have 357 words, post on www.edp24.co.uk at July 14, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.