Hooters: 849 E. Commerce St.Date: 07/08/2019 Score: 84Highlights: Inspectors observed “gnats by the three-compartment sink in the kitchen. Also observed gnats and a roach behind the bar.” There were missing floor tiles and a missing drain cover. A fan in use had a damaged electrical cord. A knife was stored wedged between the magnetic strip and the wall. A drink mixer was stored inside the ice bin behind the bar. The dish machine was not properly sanitizing dishes.Hooters: 849 E. Commerce St.Date: 07/08/2019 Score: 84Highlights: Inspectors observed “gnats by the three-compartment sink in the kitchen. Also observed gnats and a roach behind the bar.” There
Photo: Google Maps
Photo: Google Maps
City health inspectors do gnat appreciate spotting the tiny insects as they tour Alamo City eateries.
At one downtown chain restaurant, inspectors observed gnats by the sink in the kitchen — “and a roach behind the bar.” That establishment, which was also using a fan with a damaged electrical cord, received the lowest score on this week’s roundup.
The list also includes a North Central Mexican restaurant and a seafood spot on the Far West Side.
A total of five eateries failed to score an “A” during inspections by the city’s Metropolitan Health District. Issues pointed out by health inspectors ranged from improperly labeled foods to unapproved drink containers.
To land on this weekly list of restaurants compiled by the Express-News, an establishment must score 89 or below — or anything less than an “A” — during a random city health inspection.
Click through the gallery above for a look at the violations spotted by inspectors this week.
Restaurants are graded on a 100-point system where “100” is a perfect score, and demerits are based upon the number of violations found during a regular food establishment inspection. There are three categories of demerits and each is assigned a demerit score between 1 and 3 points, according to the health division.
If you have questions about inspections or complaints about a food establishment, contact the Metropolitan Health District office by calling 3-1-1 or 210-207-6000. Be prepared to provide the name, location, date of incident and details of the incident.
- Watch the 1999 San Antonio Spurs dorking about in StarCraft
- PAX South in San Antonio announced for Jan. 23-25, 2015
- PAX South Announced, Coming to San Antonio in January
- Don't live near Boston, Seattle, or Melbourne? There's a new PAX and it will be held in San Antonio
- PAX South Announced- Penny Arcade Heads to San Antonio Texas in January 2015
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood Set to Launch on July 26, 2019
- Five new Steam games you probably missed (July 8, 2019)
- Five new Steam games you probably missed (July 22, 2019)
- Five new Steam games you probably missed (July 29, 2019)
- Five new Steam games you probably missed (July 1, 2019)