When one reaches Dhanaulti – a picturesque site in the Garhwal region of ‘Devbhoomi’ (Gods’ abode) Uttarakhand – one can not but feel the fresh breeze gushing through deodar trees and emitting an earthy, woody aroma. This is when you know you have left behind the hustle and bustle of the crowded city.With Mussoorie – the Queen of the Hills – becoming over-crowded, it is starting to lose its charm and people are now wanting to explore other options. Located just 25 km away is Dhanaulti which is fast emerging as the next big tourist hill station.“If one wants to cherish nature at its best, experience fresh air, drink the mineral water coming directly from the Himalayas, then Dhanaulti is the place to be.“But, say it a boon or a bane, it is fast getting commercialised and we have been seeing a lot more tourists than before. Though they are good for our business, people leave behind a trail of garbage which is very difficult to clean up. It is ruining the natural beauty of the Himalayas,” Anil Kumar, owner of Burans Breeze hotel, told IANS.Kumar, who himself belongs to Delhi, said he wanted to escape… Read full this story
- Lang Son Province walking street a new tourist destination
- St Ives is named as the happiest place to live in Britain ahead of Skipton and Leamington Spa - but did YOUR town make the list?
- Hidden history of York's medieval city walls to be uncovered in major of excavation of an ancient tower that is cracking under the weight of its famous walkway
- It's wonderful in Waverley but hell in Hull! League table of most prosperous places to live show it's grim up north - but how does your town rate?
- Kevadia a family holiday spot, more tourists at Statue of Unity than Statue of Liberty: Official
- Picturesque St Ives in Cornwall is among towns to shut down roads to help social-distancing when tourists return for staycations from July 4
- Rabbit Town: the selfie-themed museum accused of plagiarizing its art
- The small-town takeout store worker who won over New Zealand -- and the world
- Realm of kings Phu Tho a tourist attraction
- Small town New York is an example of Airbnb's effect on housing
How a small Uttarakhand town is becoming a major tourist destination have 366 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at July 15, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.