Last weekend, some of the Democratic presidential candidates were in Iowa for the party’s Hall of Fame dinner. During the event, 19 hopefuls made their case to the party in search of support. As they did so, their campaigns got to pick a song for them to walk out to. Many of the choices were inspired—Elizabeth Warren’s choice of “9 to 5” by Dolly Parton was very on-brand—but others were just perplexing. (New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio picked The Clash’s “Rudie Can’t Fail,” which is funny if it’s a shot at former New York’s former mayor, Rudy Giuliani, but doesn’t quite make sense since it’s also about beer with breakfast.) All told, the Gen X mix CD of songs the candidates used was fine, but we decided those presidential hopefuls could use some better, and more current, tracks. Below are the current Democratic frontrunners, and some hits from Billboard’s Hot 100 that could really give their campaigns a much-needed up-with-people boost. Cory Booker: “A Lot,” 21 Savage If you’re Senator Cory Booker, you’ll likely think that 21’s rhetorical-question hook is the perfect vehicle to prove your bonafides: “How much experience do I have? A lot! How much goodwill… Read full this story
- The Latest: Raul Castro gets own theme song
- What is the Plebs theme song, what are the When In Rome lyrics and who are Michael Prophet and Oli Julian?
- Mega Man 2's iconic Robot Master theme songs ranked from Best to Worst
- Call Open for Festival Theme Song
- Local group records song of hope
- Uganda presidential hopeful promises Idi Amin museum
- Premier’s songs fail to strike the right chord with the people
- Mitch Landrieu, as he leaves mayor's office, not ruling out presidential run
- UPDATE 1-U.S. will not cede leadership in Latin America to 'authoritarian' states -commerce chief
- UPDATE 3-Brazil lifts embargo on some BRF plants ahead of potential EU ban
WIRED Suggests Updated Theme Songs for Presidential Hopefuls have 329 words, post on www.wired.com at June 10, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.