The arrival of new Amazon Echo products means price breaks on older Echo products. Case in point: The Echo Show 5 went on sale earlier this week, and today we have a huge sale on its first-generation predecessor.Today only, in fact, and while supplies last, Woot has the first-generation Amazon Echo Show for $69.99, shipped free for Amazon Prime members. (Everyone else pays $5.) Last time around, back in March, it was $99.99.The Echo Show is Amazon’s Alexa-with-a-screen product. You get all the voice-activated goodness of a smart speaker, but with a lovely 7-inch screen for watching videos, making video calls, checking the feed from your security cameras and so on.It’s not perfect, though, as you’ll learn from reading CNET’s Echo Show review. There’s a second-generation model that’s better looking and better sounding, but it’s currently priced at $229. (It’ll definitely see a discount on Prime Day next month.)Meanwhile, there’s also the new Echo Show 5, which sells for $89.99 — but has a smaller screen and speaker. If you want a bigger screen and bigger sound, the original Show is a tempting buy at this price.Your thoughts?Read more: Build your own Echo Show on the cheap Now playing: Watch… Read full this story
- Agricultural interests steer Colorado’s wildlife management
- Austin360 looks back: Longhorns football as supreme spectacle
- POLITICO Playbook: Can Kavanaugh hang on?
- LADD’s ReelAbilities Film Fest Transforms and Expands into the Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival
- LADD's New Over-the-Rhine International Film Festival Has Roots in its Previous ReelAbilities Film Festival
- Amazon announced a $60 Alexa-enabled microwave
- Tight-knit Archbold embraces grassroots conservatism
- Once a Summer Camp, Now a Family Home
- New Jersey home with Joe Louis link condemned and at a crossroads
- 34 fun things to see and do this weekend in San Antonio
The original Echo Show: Just $70, today only have 306 words, post on www.cnet.com at June 27, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.