NEW YORK (AP) — The “Men in Black” franchise has a new recruit who isn’t a man, but actress Tessa Thompson is fine with keeping the masculine-centered film title — for now. Joined by co-star Chris Hemsworth on a black carpet, Thompson shrugged off the gender issue at the world premiere of “Men in Black: International” on Tuesday in New York. “No, I don’t mind,” Thompson said. Thompson cited her co-star Emma Thompson, who reprises her role in the series, as a voice of reason when it comes to gender equality and representation. “She said something great, like ‘I’ve had the conversation, it takes time.’ I think what she’s speaking to is the fact that sometimes change happens quicker than we have language to describe it,” Thompson said. But if the series continues, Thompson has some ideas for a title change. “I pitched some ideas like ‘People in Black,’ but that would be ‘PiB,’ which sounds like a sandwich. I pitched ‘Humans in Black,’ which would be ‘HiB,’ which sounds like something you don’t want to get,” Thompson said. “I think we can change the name at some point,” she added. “I hope we can get to the space where… Read full this story
- Tessa Thompson Shares Adorable Young Fan’s Men in Black: International Halloween Costume
- Tessa Thompson, Chris Hemsworth, an Explosion, and a Big Gaping Hole in New
- We Tried to Recap the MTV Movie and TV Awards Red Carpet—and Fell Into a Tessa Thompson Vortex, Instead
- Tessa Thompson gets to character in Brooklyn for her new movie Passing alongside Moonlight's Andre Holland
- Knockouts: Michael B. Jordan, Tessa Thompson and More Kill It at the
- 'Avengers: Endgame': Tessa Thompson Wants Valkyrie to Spoon Thor and Captain Marvel
- Caps for men: Cool options to elevate your outfits
- X-Men Won't Appear in MCU for "Very Long Time"
- Thor 4 Official Title Revealed, Release Date Announced
- Marvel Reveals Which X-Men Really Get Married in the Wedding of the Century
Tessa Thompson is OK with the ‘Men in Black’ title, for now have 335 words, post on apnews.com at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.