With budget problems continuing to put a strain on the smallest of the four East County cities, the Lemon Grove City Council last week took a step toward trying to stop the financial bleeding.Plans are now in place for the City Council to start a formal discussion about putting a one-cent sales tax before the voters next year.The tax talk came at a special goal-setting workshop in which four of the city’s top priorities from the 2018-19 fiscal year were discussed: diversifying Lemon Grove’s revenue; community life; public safety and homelessness; and public streets and sidewalks.Although only Mayor Racquel Vasquez and City Council members Jerry Jones and Jennifer Mendoza were present – David Arambula and Matt Mendoza were absent – the three agreed that something needs to be done to help residents and businesses. About a dozen residents were also in attendance, along with some city personnel. While the talk is only preliminary and more dialogue between city staff, the council and public will be scheduled in the next month, a majority of the elected officials appear to favor asking residents to approve a tax measure.“The structural deficit has to be answered,” Jones said before announcing that he was in… Read full this story
- Getting Started With Strategic Planning - The 4 Steps You Should Take
- The Strategic Planning Process - Market Research For Political, Economic, and Competitive Factors
- Benefits of Strategic Planning - Part 1 of 5 - Effective Control of Change
- The Strategic Planning Process - Market Forces Will Always Determine Strategic Direction
- Strategic Planning For Contractors and Developers in Difficult Times
- Navigating the Recession - Time to Revisit Your Strategic Plan
- CRM and the Strategic Planning Process
- Why a Strategic Plan is Important
- Who Does Strategic Planning? - What Are the Prerequisites and Conditions?
- The Importance of Enforcing KPI Strategic Planning
Lemon Grove starts strategizing on plans moving forward have 309 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at June 6, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.