Helmed by Reliance Jio, India is home to the world’s second largest internet user base, accounting for 12 percent of all internet users globally, the 2019 Mary Meeker report on Internet Trends said.Jio is one of the most innovative internet companies based outside the US, it added.”At 3.8 billion, the number of Internet users comprises more than half the world’s population,” it said, adding China has the largest base, accounting for 21 percent of all internet users globally. The US has 8 percent of global internet users.Close Global internet user growth is solid but slowing, it said. The growth was 6 percent in 2018, down from 7 percent in the previous year. related news EPFO’s investment in ETFs at Rs Rs 86,966 cr till September HDFC Bank customers unable to access online banking services Gold price in Mumbai today: Yellow metal down Rs 40 at Rs 37,979 per 10 gram on weak overseas trend With 307 million mobile phone service subscribers, Reliance Jio is expanding offline access to e-commerce, the report said.”We are creating a hybrid, online-to-offline commerce platform by integrating Reliance Retail’s physical marketplace with Jio’s digital infrastructure & services,” it quoted Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani as saying…. Read full this story
- Get Connected With the World With Satellite Internet
- India becomes Bacardi's second- largest rum market by volume
- India retains world's fastest-growing rank, tying with China: IMF
- Feds take down the world's 'largest dark web child porn marketplace'
- Taiwan’s second largest city undergoing an architectural and cultural renaissance
- Second Largest American Bank to Outsource More
- World’s largest child porn bust: 100s arrested, ringleader charged after feds crack dark web bitcoin transactions
- India's on a digital sprint that is leaving millions behind
- Look to India, China For Next Internet Innovation
- Internet Enabled Home Business Potential - Is it Still Worth Considering?
India home to world's second largest internet user base: Report have 292 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.