Google is making some changes to how photos and images are stored, accessed and deleted through Google Drive and Google Photos. The company announced a number of changes today with the sum of them being a reduction in the way the two services sync with each other. In other words, photos and images that are added to Google Photos will no longer also automatically upload to Google Drive. The opposite is equally as true. This decoupling of the two services also applies to photo deletion in the same way. Therefore, when deleting a photo or image from Google Photos, users will now also have to manually delete the same photos and images from Drive, and vice versa. It should also be noted that these changes are only applicable to photos and images stored in the future, as any that were shared between the two services will continue to remain accessible through both services – there’s no need for users to do anything to ensure photos and images already stored on both services remain available through both. Similarly, Google says none of these changes will affect the current functionality of “Backup and Sync” for Windows and macOS users. Google did not… Read full this story
- Google Ends Forced Arbitration for All Employee Disputes
- After employee protests, Google ends policy that forced employee complaints behind closed doors
- Maine Man Arrested, Accused Of Driving Across US On Google Threat
- Google ends forced arbitration policy for all employees
- Google ends controversial AI advisory board
- Stoke City star Saido Berahino arrested on suspicion of drink-driving in London's West End
- Battle Creek VA Medical Center to get 2 self-driving shuttles by year's end
- Google+ shutting down after private data leak
- What Happens if Google Buys the World’s Biggest Music Company?
- Worrying flaw in Google Photos could let hackers track your LOCATION
Drive & Photos Syncing Is Too Confusing So Google Is Ending It have 309 words, post on www.androidheadlines.com at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.