Video PlayerClose Photo provided by German department store retailer Breuninger shows a customer using Alibaba’s Alipay at the store in Dusseldorf, Germany, June 29, 2018. (Xinhua/Breuninger) SHANGHAI, May 11 (Xinhua) — Thomas Derkseu, a 30-year-old German, has three identities: a graduate in East Asian studies, a foreign son-in-law and an online celebrity with millions of followers on China’s social media platform. Thomas settled in China four years ago, and he is better recognized to crowds of fans as a fluent Chinese speaker who creates funny video clips telling his anecdotes on China. He recently created a video clip about the popular Chinese mobile products such as Xiaomi and Huawei in Germany as he said more Germans, especially the younger generation, increasingly perceive Chinese products as innovative. A revolution of globalized Chinese consumer brands is taking place. Perceptual improvements are powered by progress from manufacturers across China’s high-tech industries, from mobile payments to artificial intelligence. China announced in 2017 that May 10 was China Brand Day and the 2019 China Brand Day series, an exhibition inviting indigenous brands to showcase the cutting-edge technology, products and services kicked off Friday in Shanghai, the second such event held in the city. Nearly 200… Read full this story
- MC Interview | Sumeet Bagadia of Choice Broking positive on Metro Brands, Medplus Health IPOs; expects Tega to list at premium
- How banned Chinese apps still manage to exist in India
- 'No sleepless nights' Ukraine urges calm as Putin's cross-border move branded 'shameful'
- Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Saturday (Feb 19, 2022)
- Watchdog accuses Biden Education Dept. of 'weakened oversight' on Chinese money entering universities
- Indonesia’s recovery gains pace on virus lull, commodities
- Global Growth Cools, Leaving Scars of ’08 Unhealed
- China crackdown risk roars back in probe of Jack Ma’s empire
- Olympics Live: Germany’s Geisenberger is 3-time luge champ
- Peloton ousts boss and slashes 2,800 jobs
Xinhua Headlines: Chinese brands quicken pace to go global have 298 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at May 11, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.