Washington labeled the Chinese telecom gear maker a security risk and put new restrictions on its U.S. business.Beijing called the move “the wrong approach” and said China will “take further necessary measures” to protect its companies.The escalating conflict over Huawei could further distance the U.S. and China as their trade dispute worsens.Beijing – China vowed Thursday to “resolutely safeguard” Chinese companies after Washington labeled telecom equipment giant Huawei a security risk and imposed export curbs on U.S. technology sales to the company. Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang criticized the moves as an “abuse of export control measures” after the Trump administration issued an order requiring Huawei to obtain government permission for purchases. Huawei Technologies, the biggest global maker of switching equipment for phone companies, has spent a decade fighting accusations it facilitates Chinese spying. “We urge the United States to stop the wrong approach,” said Lu. “China will take further necessary measures to resolutely safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese enterprises.”Lu gave no details, but analysts warned the export controls threaten to worsen a U.S.-Chinese conflict over technology and trade. The restriction is “a grave escalation with China that at minimum plunges the prospect of continued trade negotiations… Read full this story
- What You Must Know Before Learning Chinese
- What is Your Reason For Learning Chinese?
- Is Huawei Telecommunications on Your Investment Radar Screen Yet?
- Biden Defends Son Hunter at Debate, Saying Focus Should Be on Trump
- Nolte: ABC Fails to Fact-Check Hunter Biden’s Claim of ‘Not One Cent’ from Chinese Govt. Deal
- Donald Trump’s Lawyers Support Obama’s DACA Work Permits for Illegals
- Working With Chinese Manufacturers - Get More Out of China by Understanding Yourself and the Chinese
- China wants more talks before signing trade deal with Donald Trump
- China ties agriculture binge to Donald Trump reducing retaliatory tariffs
- Appeals court reopens Trump hotel lawsuit
Trump's order restricting Huawei sparks strong Chinese response have 324 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at May 16, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.