WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump has granted a full pardon to Conrad Black, a former newspaper publisher who has written a flattering political biography of Trump. Black’s media empire once included the Chicago Sun-Times and The Daily Telegraph of London. He was convicted of fraud in 2007 and spent three and a half years in prison. White House press secretary Sarah Sanders says Black “has made tremendous contributions to business, and to political and historical thought.”In 2018 he published “Donald J. Trump: A President Like No Other.”Trump has also pardoned Patrick Nolan, a former Republican leader of the California State Assembly. Nolan has been a vocal advocate for criminal justice reform since he spent more than two years in federal prison during the 1990s.
- Donald Trump vetoes measure voiding border wall emergency declaration
- President Trump accuses the Democrats of being hypocrites for opposing his withdrawal of troops from Syria in late-night twitter tantrum
- New York governor signs law aimed at foiling Trump pardons
- Donald Trump insists 'nothing wrong' with Rudy Giuliani's Ukraine probe
- Four Automakers Ignore Trump and Reach a Compromise with California Over Emissions Standards
- The Latest: House measure condemns Trump's Syria withdrawal
- The floodgates are opening as Trump officials publicly defy his orders and more whistleblowers come out of the shadows
- Nancy Pelosi thumbs her nose at Trump by making photo of their fiery Syria confrontation her Twitter cover image after he claimed she suffered a 'meltdown' and stormed out - as Democrats praise her for standing up to the President
- 'I think I was excusing myself from the room,' Nancy Pelosi says of THAT photo Donald Trump tweeted from their fiery White House meeting - and hints she wants the audio leaked next
- Pelosi said Trump had a 'meltdown' after the House overwhelmingly voted to condemn his Syria retreat
Trump pardons author of flattering Trump biography have 306 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.