INDIANAPOLIS — The Latest on the funeral for former Sen. Richard Lugar (all times local): 11:20 a.m. Chief Justice John Roberts and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell are among the national leaders traveling to the funeral of longtime Indiana Sen. Richard Lugar. Vice President Mike Pence is expected to give one of the eulogies during Wednesday’s funeral. Pence’s office says Roberts, McConnell and several other senators are flying with the vice president from Washington, D.C., to Indianapolis. Lugar was a highly regarded Republican foreign policy expert who served in the Senate from 1977 until 2013. Hailed as a statesman and peacemaker, the senator died April 28 at age 87. Two days of tributes began Tuesday with Lugar lying in repose in the Indiana Statehouse Rotunda. His funeral scheduled for Wednesday afternoon at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church on the north side of Indianapolis. ___ 12:05 a.m. Hundreds of mourners are expected at the funeral for Richard Lugar, the longtime U.S. senator from Indiana known for leading efforts to help the former Soviet states dismantle thousands of nuclear weapons. Vice President Mike Pence says he’ll give a eulogy during Wednesday’s funeral for “an American statesman whose contributions to our nation are… Read full this story
- World leaders gather for funeral of France ex-president Jacques Chirac
- How safe is Germany for LGBTQ travelers?
- 2018: The joy of travel is unbroken
- There’s a big catch about travel insurance most Aussies don’t know
- Indonesia turned my boys into sea gipsies! One travel writer's unforgettable family trip on a voyage to the remote waters of countless volcanic islands
- World leaders gather in Paris for Jacques Chirac's funeral
- Teenage son of slain gangster John Macris was too scared to travel from Sydney to Greece for his father's funeral – as his widow considers moving to Australia
- Anthony Shriver leads a family sailing trip from the Kennedy family's waterfront compound after emotional funeral for 22-year-old Saoirse Kennedy Hill following her shock overdose death
- Bengal labourers killed in Valley: At the funeral prayer, friends and strangers from far and near
- Trump imposes new sanctions on Iran targeting supreme leader
The Latest: Several US leaders traveling to Lugar funeral have 356 words, post on www.startribune.com at May 15, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.