Finally, the kinks have been worked out and that app has also made its way to iOS. If you’re a PC gamer and an Apple user, it’s time to rejoice, because now you can stream your Steam library right to your Apple iPhone, iPad or Apple TV device.
The requirements are fairly basic, all you need is:
- An Apple iPhone or iPad using iOS 10 or higher
- A gaming PC with appropriate Steam library (running on Windows, Mac, or Linux)
- And an iOS device that’s on the same local network as the computer running Steam
The company recommends using a 5GHz Wi-Fi network if possible, for the best performance, but otherwise, you’re free to enjoy the bliss of Steam gaming anywhere in your home.
As the graphical quality of the games is more dependent on your gaming PC than your phone or tablet, you can theoretically get some great results. Plus there’s the option of casual gaming on the sofa or even in the bathroom – we aren’t here to judge.
- TVS rolls out Star City+ variant, targets buyers in festive season
- Kansas Jayhawks vs. Central Michigan Chippewas: Kickoff time, TV, five things to know
- Tuned Toyota Corolla Dashboard Gets iPad Mini
- Verizon Plots iPhone Killer
- DVLA reveals driving licence smartphone app
- Apple Introduces New “Do Not Disturb while Driving” Feature for iPhone
- Apple iPhone and iPad users complain of this 'annoying' issue after latest update of iOS and iPadOS
- Skoda To Launch iPhone & iPad Apps
- TECH THIS OUT – Apple iPhone 4S
- Apple iPhone Event: Steve Nash showed up to promote his Homecourt basketball training app