Manchester City edge Liverpool to retain Premier League title | Premier League 2018-19: How the final day unfolded Jurgen Klopp’s side won 30 of their 38 matches and lost just once, only to miss out on the title by one point as Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City retained the trophy on Sunday. Liverpool’s 97-point haul is the best accrued by a team that has finished second in the Premier League’s 20-club era. But how does it compare to other runners-up in Europe’s major leagues, who racked up the points but still finished without winners’ medals? 1 – Liverpool became the first team in top-flight history to win as many as 30 games and 97 points in a season and not win the title. Additionally, no side has ever previously lost just one game in a top-flight season and not won the title. Margins. — OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) May 12, 2019 Scottish Premier League 2002-03: Celtic (97 points) Finishing second with 97 points has been done before, and Celtic came even closer than Liverpool. Celtic and their Glasgow rivals Rangers finished with identical records (31 wins, four draws and three defeats) but the Gers, who scored 101 times, had a +73 goal difference,… Read full this story
- Out of Africa: Retiring legend Drogba the Premier League's king of a continent
- What can the worst Man Utd team in Premier League history realistically expect to achieve this season?
- Arsenal, Chelsea Manchester United, and Tottenham Premier League top four credentials analysed
- Premier League big six benefiting more from managers than money
- Manchester United's lack of ambition under Mourinho is scary – Keane
- Six talking points from A-League Round 19
- Champions League last 16 teams: ranked
- José Mourinho Leaves Manchester United as Manager
- Jose Mourinho sacked by Manchester United as club eyes Spurs' Mauricio Pochettino as long-term successor
- Jose Mourinho sacked by Man Utd as club eyes Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino as long-term successor
Premier League 2018-19: The best second-place finishes in history have 299 words, post on www.mykhel.com at May 12, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.