Associated Press Published 1:47 PM EDT May 16, 2019 New York City – New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Thursday that he will seek the Democratic nomination for president, adding his name to an already long list of candidates itching for a chance to take on Donald Trump. The mayor announced his run with a video released by his campaign, then headed to the Statue of Liberty, where he said the country is in an “identity crisis” around immigration, which he called “the founding and unifying element of the American experience.” “We are figuring out who we are,” he said. “There are American values we need to return to and fight for in order to achieve our greatest potential.” On his campaign’s first day, he dove into an insult match with Trump. During an appearance on “Good Morning America,” de Blasio borrowed one of Trump’s tactics by giving the president a disparaging nickname: Con Don. “He’s a con artist. I know his tricks. I know his playbook,” the mayor said. Trump tweeted that de Blasio was “considered the worst mayor in the U.S.” The president said, “He is a JOKE, but if you like high taxes & crime,… Read full this story
- WWE’s Kane announces candidacy for mayor of Knox County
- New York mayor Bill de Blasio explained his loyalty to the Red Sox on The Jonah Keri Podcast
- New York mayor and Red Sox fan Bill de Blasio thinks David Price has gotten a raw deal
- A’s, Oakland mayor agree to exclusive negotiating agreement for Coliseum, Howard Terminal
- How to Insult Your Enemies More Effectively
- Real Madrid Transfer News: Borja Mayoral Discusses Exit Amid Summer Rumours
- In wake of LeBron James no-call, Indianapolis mayor outlaws goaltending
- Sean Avery Announces Retirement: "I Threw My Skates in the Hudson"
- Ex-Jet Center Nick Mangold Announces Retirement on Twitter
- Garcia embarrassed after Bucs ask him to announce nonexistent draft pick
NYC Mayor de Blasio announces candidacy, insults ‘Con Don’ have 325 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at May 16, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.