Accounting firm KPMG says the hype around blockchain — the secure and transparent ledger behind technologies such as cryptocurrency — is finally fading, as businesses learn what blockchain is, what it is not, and what it will be capable of. KPMG has further identified the top four skills needed if you want to have a career in blockchain. Above: The hype is fading, but the jobs are real.Image Credit: KPMG While it’s no panacea, blockchain is already helping businesses mitigate recalls and fraud, drive new process efficiencies and reduce costs. This year, KPMG expects to see an increase in the number of companies exploring this technology — from identifying new business models to piloting projects and progressing to scalable solutions. As the noise around blockchain is quieting down, it will soon face a new challenge: a severe lack of talent. Somewhat surprisingly, a significant amount of the talent resides on college campuses. Younger generations witnessed the maturity and evolution of Bitcoin and blockchain, and as such, are the most interested in and comfortable with this technology. As a platform that transcends business silos, blockchain depends on teams with industry expertise and business acumen. New hires — whether a recent grad… Read full this story
- Construction projects worth Rs 59 lakh crore impacted due to COVID-19: KPMG
- Remove policy hurdles, grant infrastructure status to bulk drug industry: CII-KPMG report
- These three moms are creating career opportunities for other moms
- Dutch-funded educational cooperation project for sustainability launched
- I have no coding skills but I develop better apps than established developers
- Salma Hayek opens up about her acting skills
- Sachin is brand ambassador of 'Skill India'
- 5 skills you need to demonstrate to land a remote job
- Doctors and nurses are using VR to learn skills to treat coronavirus patients
- Realme Narzo 10 series launch on April 21 via online event: Here is everything you need to know
KPMG: The top 4 skills to launch a career in blockchain have 313 words, post on venturebeat.com at May 16, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.