Count Facebook’s ex-security chief among the group of those who think Mark Zuckerberg should step down from his role as CEO. Alex Stamos, who left his post as chief security officer in 2018, said Zuckerberg should ‘give up some of that power’ and make way for a new chief executive. Stamos even suggested Microsoft President Brad Smith to take over the role as CEO of Facebook. Scroll down for video Alex Stamos (pictured), who left his post as chief security officer in 2018, said Zuckerberg should ‘give up some of that power’ and make way for a new chief executive WHY DID ALEX STAMOS LEAVE FACEBOOK? Alex Stamos left his post as Facebook’s security chief last year. Stamos had repeatedly clashed with top executives, including chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg, on how much information should be shared about Russia’s manipulation of the social media giant to spread fake news and meddle in the 2016 election.Stamos was a strong advocate for revealing the full extent of the Russian influence, and to restructure to address some of the issues, while other top execs were keen to keep that information private, sources told the New York Times. He was persuaded to stay to oversee the transition of his role… Read full this story
- What did Mark Zuckerberg say in his Congress testimony and did the Facebook CEO address the Cambridge Analytica data leak?
- So finally, Mark Zuckerberg answers some key questions
- Under fire from senators, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg says he'd welcome the 'right regulations'
- Mark Zuckerberg Essentially Launched Facebook’s Reelection Campaign
- Mark Zuckerberg’s new year’s resolution is to host public debates about the effects of tech on society
- Mark Zuckerberg proposes a “Facebook Supreme Court” to “rule” on hate speech: More censorship ahead
- UK Parliament Increases Pressure On Mark Zuckerberg
- Facebook spends £17.2million on keeping Mark Zuckerberg and his family safe
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Breaks Silence On Data Leak With Yet Another Apology
- Facebook adding new features for dating, Mark Zuckerberg says
Facebook's former head of security Alex Stamos says the firm should hire a new CEO to replace Mark Zuckerberg have 326 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 21, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.