Is cryptocurrency making a comeback? All signs point to yes as the App Store experienced a surge of searches for “Blockchain Wallet” and “Coinbase” apps.
Investor interest has risen due to profitable rise of cryptocurrencies as a whole. FOMO, or Fear of Missing Out is driving the commodity up in a global scale. This event was seen in early 2017, when the market experienced a stellar climb before the bubble burst at the end of 2018.
Coinbase is a popular crypto exchange platform that allows customers to store and trade digital assets using their smartphones. Currently, the app sits at the 20th spot in the App Store’s Finance section and on May 14 ranked 6th under the “Most Searched” listings. Blockchain Wallet, another notable app for trading, using and storing crypto coins, enjoyed similar success and raked the 8th spot in the “Trending” section.
This could lead to great heights for cryptos again as more and more investors start participating in the bitcoin market.
- How lucrative Apple’s App Store has been for developers over the years
- An app for buying and selling bitcoin has rocketed to the top of the iPhone App Store charts
- Hundreds of apps have been banned from Apple’s App Store for spying on your personal information
- Apple mysteriously banned a popular app from its App store … and a lot of programmers are mad
- Google has a new plan to cripple the iPhone app-store model and rule the mobile world
- I played the addictive new game Slither.io and now I get why it’s topping the App Store
- Apple just redesigned its App Store — here are all the ways it changed
- Developer says Adblock Plus used a ‘ridiculous’ trademark complaint to get Apple to remove his ad blocker from the App Store
- A mysterious Apple app called ‘Files’ surfaced on the App Store ahead of WWDC
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella: AI should be open like PCs, not closed like the App Store