Gloria Steinem, Cecile Richards, Michelle Obama. Barbie? The Council of Fashion Designers of America will follow up those prestigious honorees of its Board of Directors’ Tribute Award with the ever-evolving doll. The council said in a statement Thursday the idea is to celebrate Barbie as a fashion icon, coinciding with her 60th anniversary. The council’s president, Steve Kolb, says Barbie has had a “wide influence on American fashion and culture.” A human, presumably, will pick up the award at a June 3 ceremony. In addition to Steinem, Richards and Obama, other past honorees include Tom Ford, Janelle Monae and former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Among Barbie’s fashion collaborators: Oscar de la Renta and Jeremy Scott. Diane von Furstenberg, Bob Mackie and Vera Wang have made special Barbies. Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron joins the ranks of Disney’s billion-dollar movies
- The Huawei Mate 9 Pro and Porsche Design join the ranks of Daydream-ready phones
- Dr. Oz to join Trump administration's council on sport, fitness and nutrition
- Comments for : Eco-friendly Samsung Seek joins the ranks of Sprint
- Eco-friendly Samsung Seek joins the ranks of Sprint
- Comments for : WhatsApp joins the ranks of 3D Touch-enabled apps for iOS
- WhatsApp joins the ranks of 3D Touch-enabled apps for iOS
- Target & Sam's Club are the next two to join the ranks with the iPhone
- EC-Council Certification Guide: Overview And Career Paths
- Avnet Joins IMC to Speed IoT Deployment Tech Videos Industry Trends Featured Products Site Sponsors Featured Tech Videos
Barbie joins prestigious ranks of fashion council honorees have 266 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at May 16, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.