By Associated Press | PUBLISHED: May 4, 2019 at 5:22 pm | UPDATED: May 4, 2019 at 5:24 pm By JOSH REPLOGLE and MIKE SCHNEIDER JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — A military-chartered jet carrying 143 people landed hard, then bounced and swerved as the pilot struggled to control it amid thunder and lightning, ultimately skidding off the runway and coming to a crashing halt in a river at Naval Air Station Jacksonville. It meant chaos and terror for passengers in the Boeing 737, as the plane jolted back and forth and oxygen masks deployed, then overhead bins opened sending contents spilling out. But authorities said all the people onboard emerged without critical injuries Friday night, lining up on the wings as they waited to be rescued. The NTSB sent a team of investigators Saturday to the crash site in the St. John’s River in north Florida, where the aircraft was still partially submerged in shallow water and its nose cone was sliced off, apparently from the impact. Several pets were still on the plane as well, and their status wasn’t immediately clear. A Navy statement early Saturday offering “hearts and prayers” to their owners said safety issues prevented rescuers from immediately… Read full this story
- Plane carrying Pink's crew crash lands in Denmark
- Skydiving plane in Hawaii crash had scary 2016 mishap
- Light plane carrying Cardiff striker Sala disappears, rescuers mount search
- Plane carrying US First Lady Melania Trump in mid-air emergency
- Soccer: Chapecoense mourn death of reporter who survived plane crash
- This Underwater Drone Could Find The Lost Plane Clint Eastwood Crashed In 66 Years Ago
- Feds probe 'quality' of repairs on plane in Hawaii crash
- The Latest: Police: All 6 on small plane killed in crash
- Aeromexico plane carrying at least 97 passengers crashes shortly after takeoff in northwest Mexico
- An Aeromexico plane carrying 103 people crashed in Mexico. No one died.
All survive as plane carrying US military crashes into river have 302 words, post on www.bostonherald.com at May 4, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.